2 Adults, 4 Children Escape from Sunday Night House Fire in Sweden
SWEDEN, N.Y. -- Six people were able to escape a house fire in the town of Sweden late Sunday night.
It started just before midnight at a home on Route 31 near Route 19.
Brockport firefighters say flames were coming from the garage on the outside of the house.
Two adults and four kids got out of the home safely.
At this point they believe an electrical issue may have sparked the fire.
"Appears that we had a fire in the panel box on the outside of the house," said Mike LaDue, Brockport Fire District Chief. "Our pumper pulled up and our crew a great knock down by them a quick response by the brockport fire district to get the fire under control fast.
The Red cross is helping the family.